Girls Getaway Itinerary
Sometimes you just need to get away with your girlfriends. If you’re simply looking to catch up or are celebrating a birthday or an upcoming wedding, Oceanside is the place to do it. Our group travel team can offer suggestions to help you select the hotel or vacation rental that is just right for your group as well as offer custom activity suggestions and personal referrals. While Oceanside offers endless ways to stay and play, we’ve put together a sample itinerary packed with ideas to get you inspired.
- Check in at your hotel or vacation rental
- Evening: Explore the Sunset Market for endless food and shopping opportunities, while enjoying live entertainment. To keep the party going, stroll over to Mission Ave Bar and Grill or Barrel Republic.
- Breakfast: Try local favorite Beach Break Café for their famous Banana Crunch French Toast.
- Late morning: Stay in South O and “shop local” at Rais Case, Mr. B’s Necessities, Captain’s Helm Vintage Retail Shop, Boom Boom Brazil, Clothe+Arrow Boutique, Reap & Sow, Royalie, and more! However, if an active late morning is more what you had in mind, then Vital Climbing Gym will get your group’s blood pumping.
- Lunch: You’re about to get on a boat so keep it light. Check out Stratford at the Harbor for salads and sandwiches.
- Afternoon: Oceanside Adventures Whale Watching offers a two-hour tour exploring the Pacific Ocean and our coastal wildlife including dolphins, whales, and pelagic birds (seabirds).
- Late Afternoon: Check out the latest exhibit at the Oceanside Museum of Art or the California Surf Museum.
- Dinner: Urge Gastropub and Whiskey Bank is a casual dining experience with generous portions, house craft beer and over 250 craft whiskies.
- Evening: 101 Proof a speakeasy behind Urge Gastropub requires reservations, and an appropriate dress required. REVELRY WELCOME. DISCRETION APPRECIATED.
- Breakfast: Rise and Shine! Grab a breakfast burrito from Colima’s Mexican Restaurant or a healthy smoothie from Pier View Coffee Company then hit the beach to watch the dawn patrol (early morning surfers). Want to join in? Get Surf Lessons for the group!
- Late Morning: Enjoy the beach. Depending on the season, you can rent chairs there if you don’t have your own. Be sure to rent bikes from Wheel Fun Rentals to explore the strand and surrounding areas.
- Afternoon/Lunch: Carla and Linda’s Walking Food Tour is a fun way to experience several different chef inspired restaurants while learning a little bit about what the O’side food scene has to offer. Heart of O’side tours include: Millers Table, Local Tap House, Bagby Beer and The Flying Pig.
- Late Afternoon: Spa day? Spend a couple hours getting pampered with a facial or a massage at Apotheque Lifestyle Spa. You can also create your own custom blended products!
- Dinner: Treat your BFFs to a private dinner at 333 Pacific. A fine dining restaurant with even finer views. Book your group event at 333.
- Evening: Looking to get your party on? Pour House has live music and a roomy dance floor. Be sure to check their Facebook page to see who’s playing! If dance mixes are more your style, The Basement “Night Club” at Davina’s Cabo Grill features new DJs every Saturday night.
- Brunch: What’s Sunday without brunch? If you’re looking for a traditional seafood brunch buffet, then there’s no better choice than Oceanside Broiler. Want brunch with a twist? Shuffle over to Local Tap House Kitchen and Cocktails for their inspired creations along with bottomless mimosas.
- Late Morning: Check out and make plans for your return visit to Oceanside.
MORE: Meet Jamie Wade from New Hampshire and discover what her and her eight best friends did during their 3-day girlfriend getaway in Oceanside. Read Blog