Photo by Marcy Browe Photography
Family Reunions and Group Vacations
Planning a family reunion, group vacation, or multi-family gathering in Southern California? Come to Oceanside in sunny San Diego!
There are few places in the country where you can plan a family reunion or group family vacation year-round and Oceanside is one of them. With its usual sunny skies and average temperature of 70 degrees, Oceanside’s weather has been rated by USA Today as the second most ideal climate in the United States. Sunny and 70 is predicted for your family reunion or group family vacation.
Visitors enjoy a quintessential California coastal escape that includes wide sandy beaches, a quaint New England-style harbor, historic wooden pier, and charming bungalow neighborhoods. O’side (as locals affectionately call it) is a destination of discovery where visitors can explore everything from California history at the “King of Missions” to surf culture at the California Surf Museum and awe-inspiring sea life through exciting ocean adventures. This playful and fun destination thrives on taking recreation to the next level and boasts world-class surfing, skateboarding, bike riding, boating and even skydiving. A flourishing food and craft beer scene reflects Oceanside’s creative and entrepreneurial spirit, as do exciting arts and culture programs that highlight the city’s history, diversity and friendly, laid-back attitude.
Perfectly situated between metropolitan San Diego and Los Angeles, Oceanside is the ultimate launching point for your Southern California getaway. Oceanside is easily accessed by car from Interstate 5 and can also be reached by rail with daily stops at the Oceanside Transit Center from Amtrak’s Pacific Surfliner, San Diego’s Coaster and Sprinter, and Orange County’s Metrolink.
Let our family at Visit Oceanside show your family all that Oceanside has to offer and book your reunion getaway now! For personal planning assistance, start by requesting our digital Gathering and Special Event Planning Guide.
Best Season For Your Family Reunion
3 Day Itinerary
Free Things To Do
Educational Travel Experiences
10 Fun Things to Do with Kids
Where to Stay for Your Family Reunion
We find that most family reunions are looking for accommodations where they can casually hang out together, have group meals, and hold private celebrations. Oceanside’s inventory of accommoations include full service resorts, casual mid-scale hotels, and luxury beach front homes that can accommodate as many as 62 guests. While our destination experts can help you find the best lodging for your group, you can also start your research here. See Oceanside Accommodations
California Welcome Center
Oceanside is home to the only California Welcome Center in San Diego County! The center receives more than 80,000 visitors each year and has a fantastic group of volunteers that are enthusiastic and eager to provide helpful information and tips to you and your group when exploring Oceanside and San Diego County. Stop by for discounted attraction tickets, maps, and souvenirs. See what’s up at the CWC
We Can Help Plan Your Family Reunion
When you choose Oceanside as the location for your family reunion, you’ll not only get a setting which will create many lasting & wonderful memories, you will also have access to the COMPLIMENTARY assistance of the Visit Oceanside Conference & Visitors Bureau. We are a team of hospitality & tourism professionals who live, work and play in Oceanside!
- Group Room Rates for Lodging in Oceanside: One phone call to our Group Travel Department can get you proposals with rates and availability from many Oceanside hotels and vacation rentals. Tell us what you’re looking for and we’ll find the best fit for your group. We’ll contact the properties to arrange room blocks at a group discount and remain your single point of contact throughout the process to ensure streamlined communication. Want a general tour of the Oceanside area or want us to coordinate site inspections at hotel or event properties? We’ll be happy to help.
- Venue Recommendations for Group Events: Your Visit Oceanside contact will create a custom list of venue recommendations based on your specific needs.
- Complimentary Event Planning Assistance: The Visit Oceanside Group Travel Department has the region’s resources at our fingertips. Our goal is to provide you with the assistance you need to make your family reunion in Oceanside well-attended, successful and enjoyable. Our event experts have the most trusted professional referrals for catering, transportation, entertainment, event rentals, and many other event services.
- Planner Incentives: When you book your group accommodations in Oceanside you may qualify for our “Pick A Perk” promotion! New customers with qualifying booked rooms! Click to view our Pick a Perk deals and to see if your date qualifies!
- Itineraries and Group Planning Suggestions: There are so many things to do in and around Oceanside! Get the entire group together for water activities and ocean excursions out of the Harbor; explore by bike or with a photo scavenger hunt; tour our museums and historical landmarks; or for the really adventurous – skydive! With daily stops at our Oceanside Transit Center for Amtrak’s Pacific Surfliner, Metrolink, and San Diego’s regional Coaster and Sprinter, Oceanside is the perfect hub to explore all that Southern California has to offer. Our staff members are experts on this area and can offer itinerary suggestions, with local knowledge of travel time, traffic and other important factors.
- Digital Gathering and Special Event Planning Guide: Visit Oceanside’s list of area special event and banquet venues, vendor referrals, and local accommodations is one stop shop for event information. This guide includes Oceanside’s venues categorized by type and includes capacity details, contact information, and catering options. The guide also includes group dining locations along with activities and excursions for your entire group to enjoy together!