“Welcome to Oceanside!” is what you will hear as you enter our beautiful visitor center. The California Welcome Center in Oceanside receives more than 60,000 visitors each year and has a fantastic group of volunteers that are friendly and eager to provide helpful information and tips to you and your group when exploring Oceanside and the greater San Diego County.
The Welcome Center is a great resource to visitors and locals alike, providing helpful information on top things to do in Oceanside and around the state. Additionally, the visitor center sells discount attraction tickets, local gifts, and souvenirs.
928 North Coast Highway
Oceanside, CA 92054
Open daily from 9am-5pm*
*Winter Hours (11/11/18- 12/23/18) Sunday hours ONLY will change to 10am-2pm.
*Closed Holidays: New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day. Subject to change without notice.
Information: State, Regional, and Local
- Maps – complimentary regional maps and detailed street maps available.
- Brochures – come, see, grab and explore what you want to do.
- Visitor Guides – for Oceanside and many of San Diego’s communities.
- Events – event calendars for the local area.
- Attractions – we have information, ideas, tips, and discounted tickets.
- Information about all of the official California Welcome Centers throughout the State.
- Get information on types of lodging.
- Get information on hotel and vacation rental availability.
- Need to book a reservation? We will help facilitate that.
- The California Welcome Center is a redemption location for the Go San Diego cards and available for purchase.
- Discounts are available to the major Southern California attractions including: LEGOLAND California, SeaWorld San Diego, San Diego Zoo, Safari Park, Old Town Trolley Tours, USS Midway Museum, Oceanside Adventures Luxury Cruises, and more.
- View current discount attraction ticket pricing.
- Restrooms – clean and tidy.
- Computer for visitors’ use
- Personalized visitor tips, directions, ideas and recommendations.
- Souvenir Penny Machine – 4 beautiful Oceanside Scenes.
- Bike Repair Station (outside, available 24/7)
- Oceanside branded merchandise.
- Beach inspired gifts and jewelry.
- Locally made: pottery, art, photography, cards and apparel.
- Souvenir items.
- Toys: cute, cuddly friends to travel with or take home as gifts.
- Travel needs: sunscreen, sunglasses, beach towels, hats and travel candles.
- Hostess gifts and local honey.
- Suggestions for Group and Bus-Friendly Things to Do
- Motorcoach Friendly Hotels
- Motorcoach Driver Incentive Program – bus drivers that bring 10 or more riders into the Welcome Center will receive a $20 gift card to a local Oceanside restaurant.
Local Residents Welcome
- Gather idea information before visitors arrive.
- Create a care package or welcome bag for your out of town guests.
- Planning a family or class reunion? Get ideas, brochures, visitors guides and maps.
- Buy your area attraction tickets in advance to avoid long lines.
- Pickup free periodicals and magazines.
Stay In Touch
- We love to hear how your Oceanside experience is going!
- Post your comments on Trip Advisor.
- Drive, bike, or walk to North Coast Hwy to visit us.
Become a Volunteer
Do you love Oceanside? Do you love sharing local tips and suggestions with friends when they visit? Meet interesting people from all over the world and become friends with other volunteers when you serve as a volunteer at the California Welcome Center in Oceanside. To learn more, contact: Veronica Voorhees, Volunteer Coordinator, at email@example.com or call 1-800-350-7873.