Oceanside Tourism Council
The Oceanside Tourism Council (OTC) was created in partnership with tourism related business in order to unite the industry in impacting issues that directly affect tourism and visitor spending in Oceanside. The OTC champions tourism issues related sales, public policy, education and marketing.The Mission of the Oceanside Tourism Council is to unite tourism related businesses together in order to generate visitor spending in the City of Oceanside.
Through education and networking, we are promoting Oceanside and creating a visitor-friendly community. The OTC gathers 5 times a year, including the annual Oceanside Tourism Summit, 3 OTC Meetings and annual Tourism Mixer. Please check back for dates and locations of upcoming OTC events.
Local Tourism Industry Tools and Resources
Bi-Weekly Oceanside Event Calendar
Oceanside is the home to wonderful events year-round, ranging from surf competitions to art exhibits and large city wide events- there is always something going on. Please check the Calendar of Events often for the most current event information.
As a resource for our partners, Visit Oceanside creates bi-weekly event calendars to share with your staff and guests so everyone knows what is happening around town. The calendars are a great way to serve as a local ambassador to your visitors, but to also assist you in staffing needs and increasing length of stay. If you do not already receive the event calendars and tourism updates from Visit Oceanside, please email Cerina De Souza and you will be added to the OTC Industry List.
Download and print the latest Oceanside Event Calendar: November 18- December 1, 2015 Event Calendar.
Download and print the Downtown Oceanside Thanksgiving Dining Guide 2015.
The Visit Oceanside team is working on several marketing campaigns for the upcoming winter season. If your business provides:
- Bike-Friendly Services and Offers
- Military Monday Discounts
- Mid-Week Specials and Events
- Rainy Day Friendly Activities
- Valentine’s Week Specials
Please share your events and specials with us for inclusion within our marketing efforts. Click here to Share Your Promotions and Offers.
Downtown Oceanside is growing and changing with the new developments and construction projects that are underway and planned over the next several years. To assist visitors coming to Oceanside, the City of Oceanside has created a Downtown Oceanside Parking Map (As of June 2015) to show what areas are available for parking and to clarify the hours and cost for each parking lot.
Oceanside Valentine’s Week
Oceanside will be hosting its inaugural Oceanside Valentine’s Week (OVW) from February 5-15, 2016. The celebration will bring together businesses, attractions and community members for exciting Valentine-themed activities and promotions that include events, exhibits, performances, tours, dining specials and hotel packages. Committee meetings are held monthly to discuss updates and marketing strategies. For businesses looking to participate in the event, please email Leslee Gaul for more information.
Click here to download the official OVW Fact Sheet and logos.
Citywide Events in Oceanside
Oceanside is home to several Citywide events, bringing hundreds of people into our community for a particular event. Our goal is to welcome the visitors into our community and make them feel welcome during their stay. Please print and post the Welcome Sign in your store front in the days leading up to the event.
Upcoming Citywide Events include, but are not limited to:
- IRONMAN 70.3 Triathlon: March 28, 2015
- Beach Soccer Championships: May 16-17, 2015
- Race Across America: June 16 and 20, 2015:
- Paul Mitchell Supergirl Pro: July 24-27, 2015
- Honor Bowl SoCal Football Invitational: September 4-5, 2015
- ISA Junior Surf Championship: October 11-18, 2015- Click to download welcome sign
- Bike the Coast- Taste the Coast: October 10, 2015
- O’side Turkey Trot: November 26, 2015
Do You Want To Reach Visitors? If yes, then you need to partner with Visit Oceanside. As the official tourism marketing organization for Oceanside, it is the mission of Visit Oceanside to bring visitors to Oceanside and to assist them in having the best possible experience while they are in town.
Visit Oceanside has a variety of advertising opportunities available to local businesses, including the Oceanside Visitor Guide, California Welcome Center- Oceanside, Oceanside Event Calendar and more… Click here to review all available advertising opportunities.
Community Information and Updates
Coast Highway Corridor Study
In 2009, the City of Oceanside adopted the Coast Highway Vision and Strategic Plan. This plan serves as a blueprint for the revitalization and enhancement of the Coast Highway corridor between Harbor Drive in the north and Buena Vista Lagoon in the south. The Vision and Strategic Plan includes several recommendations to transform Coast Highway from an auto-oriented thoroughfare into a “complete street” that serves all modes of transportation from automobiles to pedestrians to bicyclists and transit vehicles.
The City of Oceanside is now embarking on an effort to study and begin the design process for the street enhancements and changes proposed as part of the Vision and Strategic Plan. This effort, called the Coast Highway Corridor Study, will assess existing and future transportation conditions along the corridor and on surrounding streets in order to identify the preferred approach to implementing the recommendations contained in the Coast Highway Vision and Strategic Plan.
The study effort will focus on assessing projects that are consistent with the Vision and Strategic Plan and address the needs of the community through:
- Improving pedestrian and bicycle infrastructure with a focus on safety and comfort
- Enhancing access to transit
- Modifying the roadway with improvements such as roundabouts to improve traffic flow
- Improving parking access to businesses along the corridor
- Encouraging economic development through improvements in mobility and the public streetscape
Click for more information about the Coast Highway Corridor Study.
- View a recap from the 2015 Oceanside Tourism Summit– “It’s All About You!”
- View the 2013-2014 Annual Report and message from Visit Oceanside President and CEO, Leslee Gaul.
- Enjoy a recap and watch the videos from the 2014 Oceanside Tourism Summit.
- View the 2012-2013 Annual Report
- View the 2013 Oceanside Tourism Summit Video. Watch Now!
- View the 2013 Oceanside Economic Impact Study
- View the 2009 California Welcome Center Economic Impact Study
- View the 2009 City of Oceanside Economic Development Presentation