Oceanside Tourism Council
The Oceanside Tourism Council (OTC) was created in partnership with tourism related business in order to unite the industry in impacting issues that directly affect tourism and visitor spending in Oceanside. The OTC champions tourism issues related sales, public policy, education and marketing.
Through education and networking, we are promoting Oceanside and creating a tourist-friendly community.
The Mission of the Oceanside Tourism Council is to unite tourism related businesses together in order to generate visitor spending in the City of Oceanside.
Bi-Weekly Oceanside Event Calendar
Oceanside has great events every week, ranging from surf competitions to art exhibits- there is always something going on. Please print and share the latest event calendar with your staff and guests so everyone knows what there is to do in Oceanside. If you do not already receive the weekly email from Visit Oceanside with the latest Oceanside events, please send Cerina your contact information and she will add your to our list.
Download and print the latest Oceanside Event Calendar: July 15- July 28, 2015 Event Calendar
Industry Events & Resources:
Downtown Oceanside Parking Map (As of June 2015)
Oceanside Tourism Council (OTC) Meeting: August 11, 2015
The local hospitality industry is invited to attend the next Oceanside Tourism Council meeting on August 11, 2015. We have invited Todd Skelton from TripAdvisor to be our guest speaker. Todd will discuss the latest updates to TripAdvisor and give tips on how to manage your profile and visitor reviews. This is a great opportunity for all businesses and lodging partners that have a TripAdvisor profile. We will also discuss ways that your business can partner with Visit Oceanside in 2015-16.
Don’t forget to bring your business cards, there will be time for networking.
August 11, 2015
SpringHill Suites Oceanside
Click here for more information or to RSVP for the August 2015 OTC Meeting
Oceanside Welcomes Our Citywide Events
Oceanside is home to several Citywide events, bringing hundreds of people into our community for a particular event. Our goal is to welcome the visitors into our community and make them feel welcome during their stay. Please print and post the Welcome Sign in your store front in the days leading up to the event.
Upcoming Citywide Events include, but are not limited to:
- IRONMAN 70.3 Triathlon: March 28, 2015
- Beach Soccer Championships: May 16-17, 2015
- Race Across America: June 16 and 20, 2015: Click to download & print welcome sign
- Paul Mitchell Supergirl Pro: July 24-27, 2015
- Honor Bowl SoCal Football Invitational: September 4-5, 2015
- Life Time Tri Oceanside Triathlon: October 25, 2015
- Bike the Coast- Taste the Coast: October 10, 2015
- O’side Turkey Trot: November 26, 2015
2016-2017 Oceanside Visitors Guide:
Feature your business in the 2016-2017 official Oceanside Visitors Guide. The Visitors Guide in the #1 marketing tool for Oceanside, sharing your business information directly with visitors interested in learning more about our beautiful community. Additional rate and distribution information will be available Fall 2015. Please check back soon.
For more information about advertising within the Oceanside Visitors Guide, please contact:
- Cerina De Souza at 760-458-0373 or [email protected] OR
- Michelle Martini-Brown at 760-458-6016 or [email protected]
Community Information and Updates
Coast Highway Corridor Study
In 2009, the City of Oceanside adopted the Coast Highway Vision and Strategic Plan. This plan serves as a blueprint for the revitalization and enhancement of the Coast Highway corridor between Harbor Drive in the north and Buena Vista Lagoon in the south. The Vision and Strategic Plan includes several recommendations to transform Coast Highway from an auto-oriented thoroughfare into a “complete street” that serves all modes of transportation from automobiles to pedestrians to bicyclists and transit vehicles.
The City of Oceanside is now embarking on an effort to study and begin the design process for the street enhancements and changes proposed as part of the Vision and Strategic Plan. This effort, called the Coast Highway Corridor Study, will assess existing and future transportation conditions along the corridor and on surrounding streets in order to identify the preferred approach to implementing the recommendations contained in the Coast Highway Vision and Strategic Plan.
The study effort will focus on assessing projects that are consistent with the Vision and Strategic Plan and address the needs of the community through:
- Improving pedestrian and bicycle infrastructure with a focus on safety and comfort
- Enhancing access to transit
- Modifying the roadway with improvements such as roundabouts to improve traffic flow
- Improving parking access to businesses along the corridor
- Encouraging economic development through improvements in mobility and the public streetscape
Click for more information about the Coast Highway Corridor Study.
Research and Industry Resources
- Enjoy a recap and watch the videos from the 2014 Oceanside Tourism Summit.
- View the 2012-2013 Annual Report
- View the 2013 Oceanside Tourism Summit Video. Watch Now!
- View the 2013 Oceanside Economic Impact Study
- View the 2009 California Welcome Center Economic Impact Study
- View the 2009 City of Oceanside Economic Development Presentation