Oceanside Tourism Council
The Oceanside Tourism Council (OTC) was created in partnership with tourism related business in order to unite the industry in impacting issues that directly affect tourism and visitor spending in Oceanside. The OTC champions tourism issues related sales, public policy, education and marketing. The Mission of the Oceanside Tourism Council is to unite tourism related businesses together in order to generate visitor spending in the City of Oceanside.
Through education and networking, we are promoting Oceanside and creating a visitor-friendly community. The OTC gathers four times a year, including the annual Oceanside Tourism Summit, two OTC Meetings, and a Welcome Center Open House and Industry Mixer.
Upcoming Meetings and Events:
- Oceanside Tourism Summit: May 16, 2018 – Star Theatre 8:30am-10:30am | RSVP TODAY
Industry Tools and Resources
BI-WEEKLY OCEANSIDE EVENT CALENDAR
Oceanside is the home to wonderful events year-round, ranging from surf competitions to art exhibits and large city wide events- there is always something going on. Please check the Calendar of Events often for the most current event information and to submit your event.
As a resource for our partners, Visit Oceanside creates bi-weekly event calendars to share with your staff and guests so everyone knows what is happening around town. The calendars are a great way to serve as a local ambassador to your visitors, but to also assist you in staffing needs and increasing length of stay. If you do not already receive the event calendars and tourism updates from Visit Oceanside, please email Cerina De Souza and you will be added to the OTC industry email list.
Download and print the latest Oceanside Event Calendar: Oceanside Calendar of Events, April 11 – April 24, 2018
Oceanside’s coastal region is undergoing several updates through exciting redevelopment and construction projects. With these construction projects, there are changes to parking locations and associated parking fees. The City of Oceanside has created an Oceanside Parking Map to show what areas are available for parking and to clarify the hours of operation and cost for each parking lot.
Citywide Events in Oceanside
Oceanside is home to several Citywide events, bringing hundreds of people into our community for a particular event. Our goal is to welcome the visitors into our community and make them feel welcome during their stay. Please print and post the Welcome Sign in your store front in the days leading up to the event.
Upcoming Citywide Events include, but are not limited to:
- Oceanside Valentine’s Week
- IRONMAN 70.3 Oceanside Triathlon
- Beach Soccer Championships
- Race Across America
- Paul Mitchell Supergirl Pro
- Bike the Coast- Taste the Coast
- O’side Turkey Trot
Click here for printable list of Citywide events impacting room nights. (PDF) – Updated 01/02/2018
The City of Oceanside Green Oceanside Team and Economic Development are working in partnership with Visit Oceanside and the South Morro Hills Association to spearhead the development of agritourism experiences in Oceanside.
The agritourism strategic plan is currently in its first phase of implementation. This phase consists of a series of community workshops designed to build momentum by educating stakeholders and potential community partners that agritourism can be a viable way to generate incremental income for our local farmers to preserve agriculture as a way of life in South Morro Hills and sustain local food systems and composting infrastructure for future generations. The workshops will help guide an overall community vision plan for South Morro Hills. For the plan to be successful and realize its full potential, stakeholders will need community support and significant City investment.
Click here to learn more about Oceanside Agritourism efforts and programs.
COAST HIGHWAY CORRIDOR STUDY
In 2009, the City of Oceanside adopted the Coast Highway Vision and Strategic Plan. This plan serves as a blueprint for the revitalization and enhancement of the Coast Highway corridor between Harbor Drive in the north and Buena Vista Lagoon in the south. The Vision and Strategic Plan includes several recommendations to transform Coast Highway from an auto-oriented thoroughfare into a “complete street” that serves all modes of transportation from automobiles to pedestrians to bicyclists and transit vehicles.
The City of Oceanside is now embarking on an effort to study and begin the design process for the street enhancements and changes proposed as part of the Vision and Strategic Plan. This effort, called the Coast Highway Corridor Study, will assess existing and future transportation conditions along the corridor and on surrounding streets in order to identify the preferred approach to implementing the recommendations contained in the Coast Highway Vision and Strategic Plan.
The study effort will focus on assessing projects that are consistent with the Vision and Strategic Plan and address the needs of the community through:
- Improving pedestrian and bicycle infrastructure with a focus on safety and comfort
- Enhancing access to transit
- Modifying the roadway with improvements such as roundabouts to improve traffic flow
- Improving parking access to businesses along the corridor
- Encouraging economic development through improvements in mobility and the public streetscape
Click for more information about the Coast Highway Corridor Study.
Click here to read an article by Smart Growth America on the proven, positive economic impact to small businesses and restaurants when infrastructure changes are made.
Board of Director Meetings
Visit Oceanside Conference and Visitors Bureau is led by a Board of Directors compiled of tourism related industry professionals and community liaisons working to fulfill the mission of the organization. The Board of Directors Executive Committee meets the second Friday of the month at 3pm, rotating locations. While the Board of Director meetings are held the third Thursday of every month* from 10am-12pm to discuss current tourism-related issues and to hear updates about the local tourism industry from Visit Oceanside staff members.
2018 Board Meeting Dates and Locations:
- January 18, 2018: Oceanside Chamber of Commerce Offices, View Agenda
- February 15, 2018: Holiday Inn Oceanside Marina, View Agenda
- March 15, 2018 : Courtyard by Marriott Oceanside, View Agenda
- April 19, 2018: MainStreet Oceanside, View Agenda
- May 2018: In lieu of a Board of Directors meeting, the annual Oceanside Tourism Summit will be held on Wednesday, May 16th at the Star Theatre from 8:30am-10:30am.
- June 21, 2018: Oceanside Chamber of Commerce
*Board meetings are not held in July or December. Dates and locations subject to change.
Past Board Meeting Agendas:
- November 16, 2017: View Agenda
Do You Want To Reach Visitors? If yes, then you need to partner with Visit Oceanside. As the official tourism marketing organization for Oceanside, it is the mission of Visit Oceanside to bring visitors to Oceanside and to assist them in having the best possible experience while they are in town.
Visit Oceanside has a variety of advertising opportunities available to local businesses, including the Oceanside Visitor Guide, California Welcome Center- Oceanside, Oceanside Event Calendar and more… Click here to review all available advertising opportunities.
Research and Reports
- View the 2016-17 Visit Oceanside Annual Report
- Visit Oceanside Q2 Report (October – December 2016): View Report | View Message from CEO, Leslee Gaul
- Enjoy a recap from the 2016 Oceanside Tourism Summit
- View a recap from the 2015 Oceanside Tourism Summit– “It’s All About You!”
- View the 2013-2014 Annual Report and message from Visit Oceanside President and CEO, Leslee Gaul.
- Enjoy a recap and watch the videos from the 2014 Oceanside Tourism Summit.
- View the 2012-2013 Annual Report
- View the 2013 Oceanside Tourism Summit Video. Watch Now!
- View the 2013 Oceanside Economic Impact Study
- View the 2009 California Welcome Center Economic Impact Study
- View the 2009 City of Oceanside Economic Development Presentation
- View the 2018 Spring Break Report