Although spring break is a great chance to spend quality time with the kids while they are on break from school, most parents out there will agree that sometimes it’s nice to have the opportunity to do a few “adults only” activities as well. Here are a few fun ways to spend one of the last weeks of spring break.
Get Happy at Happy Hour
Oceanside, CA is filled with restaurants of all cuisines and flavors with great dining deals, but here are just a few that offer Happy Hour specials throughout the week for you to enjoy.
- Harney Sushi: At Harney Sushi, you will get fresh, award-winning sustainable sushi with imagination and style. At the
Oceanside Harney location, you can get Happy Hour all day on Monday and from 5:30-6:30pm Tuesday through Friday.
- 301 Mission Avenue, (760) 867-1920
- Cafe de Thai & Sushi: Cafe Thai & Sushi not only prepares the finest in Thai cuisine, their menu also boasts sushi favorites. Stop by Sunday through Thursday, 5-7pm for their Happy Hour specials.
- 4196 Oceanside Boulevard, (760) 945-5533
- Sushi Island: Now under new management, Sushi Island offers great tasting sushi at affordable prices, and their Happy Hour deals have been raved about on Yelp. Happy Hour: Sunday through Tuesday: 3-7pm; Thursday through Saturday: 3-6pm
- 4645 Frazee Road Suite F, (760) 453-7438
- Flying Pig Pub & Kitchen: Roddy and Aaron Browning are the husband and wife team behind Flying Pig Pub &
Kitchen. With their unique flavors and large collection of craft and bottled beers, this has become an Oceanside favorite amongst residents and guests alike. Happy Hour is from 4:30-6pm at Flying Pig.
- 626 S Tremont Street, (760) 453-2940
- Pour House: “Pour House is a local South Oceanside bar specializing in good booze and live music.” Pour House has 16 craft beers on tap, craft cocktail creations, and delicious food, not to mention live music and karaoke, which really gets the party going! Join them for Happy Hour Monday through Friday, 11am-6pm.
- 1903 S Coast Highway, (760) 730-5944
- Miramar Fish Tacos & Beer: Although it is one of Oceanside’s newer
eateries, Miramar Fish Tacos & Beer has quickly become a tasty place to stop in to satisfy your seafood cravings. They have some tasty dishes on their Happy Hour menu, like their Smoked Tuna Fries, so be sure to visit them during Happy Hour: Monday through Friday, 3-6pm.
- 41 Douglas Street Suite 100, (760) 721-2147
- Lighthouse Oyster Bar and Grill: “Award winning Executive Chef Luis Lopez Sr. is the backbone to the operation creating a unique blend of Mexican/American seafood cuisine. His 30+ years of experience and passion for food has led him to create a menu that satisfies all.” Dine at Lighthouse Oyster Bar and Grill for Happy Hour Monday through Friday from 3-6pm, and enjoy the fresh, classic cuisine they offer.
- 262 Harbor Drive South Suite 201, (760) 433-1900
Looking for a delicious breakfast spot? Try Outstanding Omelets in Oceanside.
Relax and Rejuvenate
If it’s one of those days where you just want to clear your mind and relax, Oceanside has some fantastic places to do that. Here are a few spots where you will definitely leave feeling rejuvenated.
- Apotheque Lifestyle Spa: Not only does Apotheque have the traditional spa services and body treatments such as
massage, facials, and waxing, but they also have unique services such as herbal remedies, fragrance blending, mindful practices, and crystal bowl meditation. Learn more about Apotheque Lifestyle Spa here.
- 322 N Cleveland Street, (760) 967-7727
- Catalyst Massage: At Catalyst Massage, their philosophy is “we are committed to providing affordable and accessible massage and stress relief”. If you are feeling tense, or just need to relax a bit, getting a massage may be just the thing you need. Contact Catalyst Massage to learn more about their services.
- 705 Pier View Way Suites D-F, (760) 390-2679
Click here to learn more about Getting Around in Oceanside.
In the mood for something a little more lively? Check out these fun ways to spend your evening.
- Local Tap House & Kitchen: 308 S Coast Highway, (760) 547-1469
- Irina’s Bar and Grill: 3375 Mission Avenue, (760) 433-5086
- Tremont Street Sports Bar and Grill: On Wednesdays from 7:30-9pm, Tremont Street will tickle your funny bone as they have a stand-up comedian perform.
- 311 N Tremont Street, (760) 435-9555
Catch a Movie
Get out your popcorn and grab those Raisinets because we’re going to the movies!
- Regal Oceanside Stadium 16: 401 Mission Avenue, (844) 462-7342
- Carmike Cinemas: 431 College Boulevard, (760) 631-5700
So just because spring break is coming to a close does not mean that the fun has to come to a close. The saying does go, “When the kids are away, the adults will play”, right?