If you’re looking for a fun, challenging, out-of-the-ordinary event and you don’t mind getting dirty…the Mud Run at Camp Pendleton in Oceanside is for you!
About the Mud Run
The Camp Pendleton World Famous Mud Run features a 10k or a 5k run with rolling hills, river crossings, two 5-foot walls, three massive mud pits, tunnels, slippery hill, a cargo climb and much more! Kids can even participate in a special 1k Mud Run just for them. The Mud Run is so popular that there are a few different dates to choose from: May 31 or June 1, 7 or 8. There is also a Military-only Mud Run on June 6. These spots are filling up fast so keep that in mind if you’re thinking of participating! You can register on the official Mud Run website here. Many of our Oceanside accommodations are less than a mile from the main gate of Camp Pendleton. If you plan on staying in Oceanside, check out Visit Oceanside’s World Famous Mud Run page for more information.
Check out just a few of the crazy obstacles you’ll encounter:
– Fire hose: You’ll get hosed by the Camp Pendleton Fire Department on your way down Lake O’Neill Rd
– Combat Town: Navigate through an authentic Marine Corp training combat town
– Cargo Climb(s): Muscle your way up and down our 15 foot tall cargo net climb
– Guadalcanal Bridge: Cross over the same bridge used overseas to traverse over crevices and canyons
– The Infamous Slipper Hill: This steep, slippery, 100 foot hill is a sucker punch that our course happily delivers year after year!
– 100 foot final mud pit: The mother of all mud pits! Camo netting forces you to get your face in it!
– See the rest of the obstacles here
World Famous Kid’s Mud Run
Take the kids along when you register yourself! They will probably love the excuse to get so muddy. Kids ages 6-12 are welcome and receive a finisher medal. The Kid’s Mud Run starts at 12 PM each race day.
Stay for the Filthy Fun Fest
The Mud Run is just the beginning of the fun! Hang out after the race and enjoy live bands, military displays, a mud run store and a vendor village. Check out the World Famous Beer Garden, Margaritaville and several other food options available onsite. Enjoy a FREE beer (or beverage for those under 21.) Kids will enjoy the Fun Zone with carnival rides including a ferris wheel, bounce houses, paintball, a zip line and more! Read more here on the website.
More World Famous Mud Run Photos