Looking for a new hobby to learn out this summer? Try out paddleboarding!
Paddleboarding in Oceanside gets you out in the fresh air and on the water, and gives you a fun, exciting experience, with a bit of a workout too! Based on a foundation of balance and coordination, paddleboarding is quickly becoming an extremely popular and well-loved sport because not everyone can do this during their first try.
- Make sure you have a stable and strong paddleboard and if you are a beginner, it is best to select a board with wider sides. It will all be based on your weight and height so be sure to consult a professional for help before hitting the water.
- Be safe and start standing on your paddleboard on calm waters. Waves make it pretty hard and dangerous for you to stand up straight so start slowly and safely.
- Be sure to stand with your feet apart and your knees slightly bent for better balance.
- You should be situated in the middle of the board when you stand up. Not being centered could cause you to tip to one side.
- Hold the paddle in your hands keeping the blades away from you. Make sure you angle the blades towards the water for better paddling.
- Put the blades in the water at the nose of the board and pull through the water, taking the blade out at your feet.
Paddleboarding and a picnic sounds like the perfect combination! Click here for tips to plan the perfect picnic!
Paddleboarding in Oceanside CA
1850 Harbor Drive N.
What’s Up Paddleboard Surf Company
1900 Harbor Drive N.
1421 N. Coast Highway
So if you’re looking for something fun to participate in this summer, give paddleboarding a shot! Visit one of Oceanside’s paddleboarding shops or find a friend who has been paddleboarding for a while and can help you with the basics. Have fun!