LEGOLAND California Resort in Carlsbad has a variety of rides and attractions for kids of all ages (and adults, too)! Most recently, they have opened their Jellyfish Discovery at SEA LIFE Aquarium and it is already getting a lot of buzz.
SEA LIFE Aquarium’s newest interactive attraction allows guests to see more than 100 jellyfish from around the world up close and personal, as they dance around with multi-colored spotlights.
Some of the species at Jellyfish Discovery:
- – Moon jellies
- – Blubber jellies
- – Spotted jellies
Guests now have the opportunity to take a hands on approach to learning about these mysterious creatures.
A few facts about jellyfish:
- – Jellyfish bodies are 95% water
- – Jellyfish have no heart, nerves, and no brain
- – Jellyfish are more than 650 million years old
- – “Medusa” is another word for “jellyfish”
- – A group of jellyfish is called a “bloom” or “swarm” [information source]