Held every August, Oceanside International Film Festival officially kicks off a season of various film festivals, which are conducted annually in San Diego County and usually continue through the Fall.
Established in 2009, OIFF is an opportunity for independent filmmakers to have their work screened and judged. It also gives the film buffs a jump-start chance for viewing local and international films at a place in Southern California known for its rich history, beautiful beaches, and artistic freedom. Film industry guests and audience members alike will appreciate the ocean-infused atmosphere surrounding the city where the festival is held.
Previous year – 2016 Event Schedule
- 2:00 pm: Red carpet arrival of film stars and filmmakers at Star Theatre
- 3:30 – 6:00 pm: Welcome and Opening Evening Celebration
Reception of filmmakers with live entertainment, refreshments & appetizers, and a screening of “Keep In Touch”, winner of OIFF-2015 Jury Award for Best Picture and OIFF-2015 Audience Choice Award for Best Narrative Feature Film.
- 6:30 – 9:30 pm: Afterparty at Surfside Tap Room at 507 N Coast Hwy, Oceanside, CA (www.surfsidetaproom.com)
August 8 – 12
- 6:00 – 10:00 pm: Screening of films at Sunshine Brooks Theatre. Click here for a complete listing of film screenings.
SPECIAL PRESENTATION: ANIMAL KINGDOM SCREENING AND Q&A
- 6:00 pm: Animal Kingdom Red Carpet Procession
- 6:10 pm: Screening of this summer’s last episode of Animal Kingdom (Burbank, CA, USA, Guest Feature Film, 0:50:00)
- 7:00 pm: Q&A Panel w. Producers of Animal Kingdom (0:30:00)
- 10:00 am – 9:00 pm: Screening of films at Sunshine Brooks Theatre (plus workshop). “Special Effects on a Budget” for both filmmakers and general public ($10)
- 2:00 – 5:00 pm Closing Awards Gala sponsored by IZZE Beverage Company at Star Theatre including refreshments & appetizers, awards ceremony, plus live entertainment, and screening of clips from winning films.
- 5:30 – 10:00 pm: Afterparty at Veneto’s Italian Cuisine. Venetos is located at 602 N Coast Hwy, Oceanside, CA (www.venetositaly.com)
Pricing and Admission
- All Screenings and Workshops: $50 (Aug 8 thru 13) – six days’ worth of films ($35 for seniors, military, and students)
- Day Pass: $15 general admission for a single day screening pass ($10 for students, military, and seniors)
- $25 for Red Carpet Welcome and Opening Evening Celebration
- $35 for Closing Awards Gala (includes refreshments & appetizers, awards ceremony, plus live entertainment, screening of clips from winning films, plus free drink ticket to the closing afterparty)
For tickets, sponsorship info and schedule info, go to www.osidefilm.org.
Where to Stay
Oceanside’s Downtown is a safe, family-friendly, walkable community with a thriving foodie scene and plenty of fun activities for everyone. The Oceanside International Film Festival takes place at two historic theaters located in the downtown district. For ease of getting to and from the theater, here are some great places to stay within walking distance. Oceanside is a sought after tourist destination so do not hesitate in booking your stay.