Oceanside is a top destination for Military Reunions. Return to where it all began at Camp Pendleton.
When it’s time to gather again to celebrate your service, reminisce with those whom you served with and reflect on the memories shared, choosing a destination that understands, embodies, and honors military life should top your list.
Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton is a vibrant part of our Oceanside community since it encompasses much of its southern border. Our relationship with Camp Pendleton will offer attendees convenience and ease when accessing the largest military training base in the Western United States.
Top Reasons to choose Oceanside for your Southern California Military Reunion
- Affordable and quality hotels conveniently located to one of the nation’s largest military bases.
- Regional historical military points of interest available for group and individual tours including USS Midway Aircraft Carrier and Museum, Mt. Soledad Veteran Memorial, and Flying Leatherneck Aviation Museum.
- Camp Pendleton escorted tours including: Mechanized Museum, Ranch House Complex, Camp Talega Quonset Huts, and the World War II and Korea LVT Exhibit.
- Oceanside celebrates our military year-round with events such as our Oceanside Independence Parade, Armed Forces Day Operation Appreciate, and Enlisted Recognition Reception.
- Cape-cod harbor with shopping, restaurants, and boat rentals!
- Fun group activities including sportfishing or pier fishing, whale watching, outlet shopping, and golf outings.
GETTING STARTED? OUR GUIDE MAKES FOR EASY MILITARY REUNION PLANNING
Visit Oceanside’s list of area special event and banquet venues, vendor referrals, and local accommodations is one stop shop for event information. This guide includes Oceanside’s venues categorized by type and includes capacity details, contact information, and catering options. The guide also includes group dining locations and activities and excursions for groups and outings!
TALK TO OUR DESTINATION CONSULTANTS AND RECEIVE PERSONAL EVENT PLANNING ADVICE
Let our local destination experts at Visit Oceanside help you save time and money with your military reunion by providing complimentary assistance with your group accommodations, activities and gatherings, regional information, transportation, and event planning. Ask Us a Question about Planning your Military Reunion➙
RECEIVE FREE INCENTIVES WHEN BOOKING YOUR OVERNIGHT STAY IN OCEANSIDE
When you book your group accommodations in Oceanside you may qualify for our “Pick A Perk” promotion! New military reunions with 10 or more rooms booked, arriving before July 1, 2017, may be eligible to receive a sponsorship towards Oceanside services and activities, shuttle transportation, or an American Express gift card! For details, click to download our Pick a Perk flier and to see if your date qualifies! Click here to Pick Your Perk ➙
ABOUT MARINE CORPS BASE CAMP PENDLETON
Oceanside shares its northern border with Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton. Located approximately 38 miles from downtown San Diego and 82 miles south of Los Angeles, it’s the Corps’ largest West Coast expeditionary training facility, encompassing more than 125,000 acres of Southern California terrain.
Learn More ➙
“Throughout the planning process, the Visit Oceanside Group Travel Team worked tirelessly to match my hotel, transportation, event requirements with Oceanside’s resources. Their dedication, expertise, initiative and recommendations far exceeded my expectations and quickly met my reunion goals. ” – C. Kershaw – Recon 50