For over sixty years, Mother Nature has transformed the rolling hills of San Diego’s North County into one of the most spectacular and coordinated displays of natural color and beauty anywhere in the world.
The nearly fifty acres of Giant Tecolote Ranunculus flowers that make up The Flower Fields® at Carlsbad Ranch, in Carlsbad, California, are in bloom for approximately six to eight weeks each year – from early March through early May – literally bringing the famous fields back to life. This annual burst of color, which has become part of the area’s local heritage, is also one of nature’s official ways of announcing Spring has arrived in Southern California.
The 2013 calendar of events includes:
- April 7 – Kids Day
- April 13 – Bluegrass Day
- April 20 – Jazz Day
- April 21 – Zydeco Day
- April 21 – Canon Macro Photography Workshop
- April 27 – Blues Day
- April 27 – Red Hat Ladies day and Style Show
- May 11-12 – Bonsai Show and Sale
- May 12 – Mother’s Day Celebration
Hours: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., daily from March 1 – May 12, 2013
Amenities: Free parking, restroom facilities and accessibility for people with disabilities
- $11 for adults
- $10 for seniors (60+ years old)
- $6 for children (3-10 years old)
- Children 2 and younger are free
- Season passes and group tours are also available.
For more information please call (760) 431-0352 or visit www.theflowerfields.com